By General Crafts Contributor Michelle
Cheep! Cheep! Create some cute little spring chickies with this easy project!
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own:
- PA Essentials Pom Poms 2 in. Yellow 8 pc.
- Essentials By Leisure Arts 1/8 in. Pom Poms – Black 100 pc.
- Essentials By Leisure Arts Chenille Stems – 6 mm x 12 in. – Orange 25 pc.
- Essentials By Leisure Arts Chenille Stems – 6 mm x 12 in. – White 25 pc
- Essentials By Leisure Arts Chenille Stems – 6 mm x 12 in. – Neon Assorted 100 pc.
- Midwest Design Feather Turkey Short Value Pack Vibrant 2.5oz
- Wire Cutters
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
To begin, use your hot glue to attach two tiny black pom-poms on the front of a yellow pom-pom to give your chick eyes. Try to nestle them down in the pom-pom fuzz a bit, so they’re not just sticking up on top of the face.
Twist a white, and another chenille stem in the color of your choice together, like you’re making a striped candy cane.
With your wire cutters, cut two pieces from your striped chenille stem for legs. Turn the ends out to make feet. Poke them into the bottom of the pom-pom, and adhere with hot glue. Squeeze the fuzz together to help hold the legs in place.
Now that your legs are in place, decide where you’ll position your beak. Cut a small piece of orange chenille stem, fold it into a “v” shape, and use hot glue to attach it to your pom-pom. Once again, really nestle it down into the pom-pom fuzz.
Attach a small piece of yellow feather to each side of the pom-pom for wings. I snipped my feathers into pieces to make the wings proportional to my chicks.
Now place your cute chicks in baskets, on wreaths…
…or attach a loop of twine to the top, and hang them on an Easter tree.