By General Crafts Contributor Michelle
Create a festive faux tree to celebrate Spring, and decorate for Easter.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own:
- Tree Branches (Not fresh, they need to be completely dry)
- Container For Base (Can, bucket, old plastic container, etc.)
- DAP Plaster of Paris Dry Mix
- FloraCraft Burlap Ribbon 5 in x 10 yd. Garland Natural
- MultiCraft Cord Jute 2 ply 80 g Natural
- Multicraft Krafty Kids Soft Poms Assorted Pastel
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
To begin, in your base container, mix plaster with water according to the directions on the box. You need enough plaster in your base container to securely hold the branches upright, and make your base heavy enough that it doesn’t easy topple over. Let your plaster set long enough that it begins to get more solid, and then push the ends of your branches into the plaster so they stand upright. Let dry.
Cut several strips of burlap ribbon, and lay them so the middles are together, and the ends fan out like the spokes of a wheel. Place your container in the middle. They need to be long enough to gather up around the container, and bring together at the top.
Bring the ends of your burlap up around the container, gather around the stem of your tree, and tie together with a piece of jute.
Now use your hot glue gun to attach pop-poms to the end of each branch of your tree, and you’re done! Decorate your Easter tree with eggs, nests, or other ornaments.