By General Crafts Contributor Michelle
Think spring and create some cute jars to use to hold flowers, or candles–bring some cheer to your home decor to beat the winter blahs!
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own:
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint – #2005 Pale Yellow 2 oz
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint – #2013 Blue Danube 2 oz.
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint – #4872 Surfboard 2 oz.
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint – #2055 Autumn Brown 2 oz.
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint – #2527 Dark Burnt Umber 2 oz.
- Plaid Paint Brush Set Texture Gold Nylon/Natural 8 pc.
- Toothbrush, or Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Splatter Brush
- MultiCraft Cord Jute 2 ply 80 g Natural
- Zucker Feather Guinea Plumage Feathers .04 oz. Natural
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
To begin, paint the outside of your jars with acrylic paint using long up and down strokes. Let dry. Paint a second coat of paint, and let dry.
Add a little water to some of the lighter brown paint, and use your toothbrush/splatter brush to add speckles to the outside of your painted jars. Let dry.
Add a little water to some of the burnt umber paint, and use your toothbrush/splatter brush to add more speckles to your jars. Let dry.
Wrap your jute tightly several times around the top of the jar, and tie in a knot. Trim ends.
Tuck a couple of feathers under the knot, using hot glue as needed to hold.
Use your beautiful jars as vases to display flowers, or paint smaller jars and use them to hold candy, or candles.