By Sewing Contributor Courteney from the blog Crafting with Court.
May is the season of graduation and weddings. If your dog is going to either, you want them to look their very best! If a Dog Bow Tie isn’t his style, a Dog Necktie is the perfect way to dress up your dog without annoying him (too much.) This pairs great with the Shirt Collar Dog Collar to make your dog super dapper!
- Starting at the skinny end of the tie, cut approximately 14” of tie off. My dog is a medium size dog; if your dog is bigger or smaller, cut a longer or shorter amount of tie.
- Fold approximately 2” of tie over onto the back side and pin in place.
- Run a ¼” seam over the bottom of the fold.
- Cut 3” more off the skinny end of the tie
- Fold this piece of tie in half with the right sides facing each other. Pin in place.
- Run a ½” seam where the two ends come together.
- Turn the tube you created right side out.
- Slip the tube up over the tie from Step 3 until you reach your seam.
- Slip the loop at the top over any collar and enjoy how cute your dog looks in a tie!