By Guest Blogger Diane, from the blog Charmingly Creative.
This is another adorable Valentine’s Day card for a loved one that is quick and easy to make. Time to complete: 5 minutes.
What you’ll need:
- Your favorite die cutting machine ( I used Spellbinders Grand Calibur)
- Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Heart Dies
- Your favorite embossing folder (I used Cuttlebug Textile)
- Any Fiskars 3-in-1 Corner or 4-in-1 Corner punch
- Two Red – Rhinestone Hearts
- White cardstock
- Two different Valentine patterned cardstock. (I used a Polka Dot and small hearts cardstock)
- Self-healing cutting mat
- Bone folder
- Rotary cutter
- Glue Dots & Ranger Inkssentials Wonder Tape Roll 1/8″
Trim white card stock with Rotary cutter to 8″x10″. Score the card stock in the middle at the 5″ line and use a bone folder to crease the edge of paper to form 5″ x 8″card.
Using Rotary cutter trim Polka Dot cardstock to 4¾” x 7 ¾” and use Wonder Tape to adhere to front of card.
The Heart dies come in 6 sizes:
1: 1″ x 1⅛”
2: 1½” x 1⅝”
3: 2⅛” x 2¼”
4: 2¾” x 3″ (Not Using)
5: 3¼” x 3¾”
6: 4″ x 4½”
For the Pink Hearts you will need a #6, 3 and two #2’s. Die cut and emboss each Pink Heart through Spellbinder machine according to manufactures direction. For the White Hearts you will need a #5, 2 and two #1s. For White Hearts die cut and then emboss with Cuttlebug Textile folder.
Adhere large #6 Pink Heart in corner of card with white #5 on top, then pink #3 and white #2 on top. Repeat for the remaining hearts and glue in place. Trim a piece of Pink patterned cardstock to about 4″ x 1 ½” for label, use corner punch on edges. Run the words “Happy Valentine’s Day” through your printer and trim to fit Pink label, punch corners glue in place and attach to card. Attach Red Rhinestone Hearts to corners.