By Guest Blogger Diane, from the blog Charmingly Creative.
Remember your sweetie for Valentine’s Day on February 14th!
Time to Complete: 10 minutes
What You’ll need:
- Any Cuttlebug 5″ X 7″ embossing folder ( I used Kassie’s Brocade)
- Any Martha Stewart Edge Punch – (I used Embossed Trefoil Hearts)
- Any Fiskars 4-in-1 or 3-in-1 corner punch
- Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Hearts Die (Use #4 & #3)
- Spellbinders Heartfelt Creations- Layered Elegant Swirl Die
- Dark Pink, Black, Polka Dot and White cardstock
- Cuttlebug machine
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur
- Bone folder
- Rotary cutter
- Judikins Diamond Glaze or Sakura 3-D Crystal Lacquer Glaze
- Art Institute Transparent Glitter ( I used Pink)
- Art Institute Glitter Designer Dries Clear Glue, Ranger Inkssentials Wonder Tape Roll 1/8 or glue dots
- 3D glue dots
- Wax paper
Trim white cardstock with Rotary cutter to 8″x10″. Score the cardstock in the middle at the 5″ line and use a bone folder to crease the edge of paper to form card 5″ x 8″.
Trim Dark Pink cardstock 4 ¾” x 7 ¾” and Trim Polka cardstock 4 ½” x 7 ½” then attach Polka on top of Dark Pink and attach to front of card with Wonder Tape. Run Black cardstock with Layered Elegant Swirl die through Grand Calibur machine according to manufactures directions. (I place a small piece of wax paper down first, then die and finally cardstock so it does not stick to intricate details).
The Heart dies come in 6 sizes: You only need the following two:
- 3: 2⅛” x 2¼”
- 4: 2¾” x 3″
Use Black cardstock for the largest Scalloped Heart die and run through machine using the Spellbinders instructions to cut & emboss the detail into the die shape. Take Dark Pink cardstock and remaining heart die and run through machine. Place Pink heart into Cuttlebug embossing folder and run through machine. Coat Dark Pink heart with Sakura 3-D Crystal Lacquer Glaze and sprinkle on Pink glitter set aside to dry.
Trim a piece of Pink cardstock to about 2 ¼” x 1 ½” for label, use corner punch on edges. Run the words Happy Valentine’s Day through your printer and trim to fit Pink label, punch corners glue in place. Glue Elegant Swirl piece slightly under Dark Pink embossed cardstock, center and glue on card. Use 3 D dots to attach Pink heart to front of Black heart. Attach to card. To complete card attach label to bottom right corner.