By FloraCraft Designers from the Blog “Make It: Fun”.
Are you entertaining this Independence Day? Try these easy DIY centerpieces!
STYROFOAM Brand Foam:
- Three – Silk Hydrangeas: Blue
- Fifteen – Silk Roses: White
- Red/White Ribbon: 1.5″ (approximately 3 yards)
- Blue Ribbon: 5/8″ (approximately 3 yards)
- Acrylic Paints: Red, white, blue and silver
- Straight pins
- Design It: Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Black Marker
- Paint Brushes
- Cardstock Paper
1. Cut six 13″ lengths of the wide red/white ribbon.
2. Glue two pieces of ribbon around the sides of each cube to cover. One piece at the top and one at the bottom, slightly overlapping where they meet. The top and bottom will be left bare.
3. Pull the hydrangea blossoms from the stems and glue a blossom into the top of each cube. Cut the small roses from the stems and glue four or five roses into each hydrangea blossom.
4. Make three small bows using the blue ribbon and glue one to the front of each cube.
5. To make the stars: Draw assorted sizes of stars onto cardstock paper and cut out. Pin the cardstock stars onto the foam sheet and cut out using the serrated knife. Use the scrap pieces of foam as sanding blocks to sand the edges of the stars smooth. Paint the stars with the acrylic paints and let dry. Pin blue ribbon around the outside edge of three larger stars and use as the base for the cubes.