By Sewing Contributor Jessica, from the blog “Life Sew Good”.
It’s an easy 20 minute project that allows you to use up the ever-growing scrap pile (and don’t tell anyone: you don’t have to sew a stitch!)
- Scrap fabric: doesn’t have to match, but you need to be able to have some longer pieces
- 1 square of felt
- Hot glue gun
First, Tear a few long strips of scrap fabric. The best pieces are about 1.5″ x 12″, although I used different widths and lengths. You can cut it if you prefer, but tearing it gives it the look I want!
For The “Flowers”:
1. Heat up your glue gun.
2. Beginning with one stip of fabric, begin to twist the fabric while rolling it up. I suggest using a dot of glue in the middle and then about once every roll.
3. Repeat making 3 “flowers”.
4. With a piece of coordinating felt, cut 3 circles the same size as your flowers.
5. Glue your flowers to the felt pieces. This will help keep them together and secure when you put them on the headband.
For the Headband:
1. Take a regular headband & a long strip of your fabric. Starting at the end, start twisting your fabric around the headband, gluing it conservatively. Make sure you tack both ends with glue.
2. Arrange the flowers on the on the headband & glue them in place.