By General Craft Contributor Michelle
Make a bright, and cheery sign for your home with this easy tutorial.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own:
- Unfinished Wood Plaque 5 x 7 in.
- Plaid Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint 8 oz. Black
- Plaid Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint 8 oz. White
- Yellow Patterned Scrapbook Paper (Try polka dots, stripes, ginghams, etc.)
- Solid Yellow Cardstock
- Darice Foamies Foam Sheet 9 x 12 in. 2 mm. Light Green
- Green Ribbon
- Black Marker
- Glue Stick
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
To begin, paint your wood plaque black. Let dry.
While the plaque is drying, make your lemon. Draw an egg shape on the back of your yellow patterned paper. Then draw the “bumps” on both ends. Cut out your lemon.
Use your glue stick to glue the patterned lemon onto the yellow cardstock. Cut around your lemon, leaving a scant 3/8-inch border of solid yellow all the way around as an accent.
Using your fanciest writing, use your black marker and write “Hello Sunshine” on your lemon.
Cut a leaf and stem for your lemon from the green foam.
Using a small, round paint brush and your white paint, add a white outline around the edge of your black painted plaque. Let dry.
Use your hot glue to adhere the lemon to sign, and then the stem and leaf to your lemon.
Use hot glue to attach the ribbon on the back of the plaque to create a hanger.