By General Craft Contributor Michelle
Make a quick, and cute decoration to celebrate back-to-school in your classroom, or home with this easy project.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own:
- A tin can with labels removed (any size)
- DecoArt Americana Gloss Enamel Paint 2 oz. #227 Bright Yellow7
- DecoArt Americana Gloss Enamel Paint 2 oz. #292 Coral Blush
- Duck Brand Professional Painter’s Masking Tape .94″x 60yd
- Alphabet stickers
- Plaid Paint Brush Set Flat Brown Nylon 3 pc
To begin, determine where on the can you want the silver band to be, and wrap the can with a stripe of painter’s tape. Overlap the tape, as needed, to make the band the width you desire.
Using your large flat brush, paint below the tape yellow. You will probably need more than one coat to fully cover the can–let dry between coats.
Paint the area above the tape with the pink paint. Let dry.
Remove your painter’s tape.
Place “No. 2” on your can with stickers to finish the pencil.
Fill your can with flowers, or school supplies to make a cute decoration.