Can you believe that Halloween is next month? It is definitely time to start breaking out the decorations, or at least planning them. Today I wanted to share this Gothic Witches Hat that will make a great centerpiece for your celebration.
Here’s what you need:
- PA Paper Mache Witch Hat 14 in.
- Paint – Pewter, Matte Black
- Stencil – Skulls, Bats or Spiders
- 2 1/4 in. Black Ribbon
- Small Metal Picture Frame
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
- Double Sided Tape
- 12 Gauge Wire
- Paint the hat base with matte black paint, include all edges, let dry.
- With dark metallic pewter paint and a stencil, paint faint images of skulls, bats or spiders on the hat, let dry.
- Attach a small piece of wire to the back of a metal frame to create a buckle. Attach black ribbon and buckle to the base of the hat with double sided tape. Tie ribbon at the back with a single knot. Keep the ribbon tails long and cut at a sharp angle or fishtail shape.
- To create a bow, loop a 10 inch piece of ribbon and secure at the center with a short piece of ribbon. Hot glue to the back of the hat, just above the knot and ribbon tails.
5. Embellish the hat with black embellishments, flowers, spiders, feathers, etc. Hot glue these in place.
ENJOY! Now that you have the idea, have fun with it and make it your own. If you make one, be sure to share it!