By General Crafts Contributor Michelle
Make a sweet ornament for your Christmas tree with this easy-to-make project.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own:
- DAS Air-Hardening Clay 2.2 lb. White
- Acrylic craft paint: black, orange, pink
- Craft Medley Wood Dowel 6 x 5/32 in. Natural 60 pc.
- Cello Wrap 30 in. x 5 ft. Solid Clear
- Morex Ribbon Grosgrain Stripes 5/8 in. x 6 yd Red/White
- Darice Screw Eye Hooks 3/16 x 1/2 in. Nickel 20 pc.
- Stampendous Fran-Tage Shaved Ice .49 oz.
- Elmer’s Glue-All 1.25 oz
- Plaid Tools FolkArt Brush Set Artist Variety 10pc
- K & Company Embellishments Woodland Twine Valentine
- Small dish of water
Take a golf ball-sized piece of clay, and roll a long pencil-thick snake. Coil into a circular shape, flattening the end of the snake into the coil to help make an even circle. Gently push the wooden stick into the clay circle.
To make the nose, roll a small piece of clay into a cone shape, flattening the bottom.
To make the eyes and mouth, roll tiny balls of clay. To create the face, use the end of one of your wooden sticks to make small indents where you want the nose and other face piece to sit on the coiled circle. Add a dot of water to the indent, and then gently press the nose, eyes, and mouth pieces into place. Let the clay dry at least over night, or until fully hard.
Use your tiny detail brush to paint two tiny pink circles for cheeks, and to paint the eyes and mouth black. Let dry.
Paint the nose orange. Let dry. Use a small flat brush to apply some Elmer’s glue to the top of the lollipop, and the top of the nose. Sprinkle with glitter, tap off extra, and let fully dry.
Cut a square of cellophane, place the lollipop in the middle, and wrap around the lollipop, gathering it at the base. Tie around the stick with a length of the ribbon.
Carefully screw a screw-eye into the top of the lollipop, straight through the cellophane, and into the clay. Use a piece of baker’s twine looped through the eye as a hanger.
This sweet ornament will melt your heart!