By General Crafts Contributor Michelle
Make mom some beautiful rose accessories for Mother’s Day, make them for a friend, or make them for yourself. These pretty molded roses can be used so many ways!
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own:
- Plaid Mod Podge Tools Mod Mold Flowers
- Plaid Mod Podge Tools Mod Melts Mini (I used clear, and white milk glass)
- Plaid Mod Podge Tools Mod Melter
- Various colors of nail polish
- Darice Victoria Lynn Hair Combs 2 3/4 x 1 1/2 in. Clear 6 pc.
- Darice Flat Pad Earring Posts with Butterfly Clutch 48 pc. 6 mm
- Darice Snap On Hair Clip 2 in. 8 pc
- Bobby pins
- Beadalon Glue On Bail 10 x 23 mm Silver Plated
- Jewelry Adhesive
Heat Mod Podge Melter tool according to directions on package. Fill rose mold with melted Mod Podge Melt, let cool for several minutes.
When the rose is cool (the back of the mold will feel cool), pop the rose out of the mold. I used to smaller of the two roses for earring and bobby pins, and a mix of the two sizes for the hair clips and comb. Make all the roses you want first.
Use your nail polish to paint the roses.
It may take more than one coat, depending on the polish, and the amount of color you desire. Dry thoroughly between coats of polish.
Use the jewerly adhesive to adhere your roses to the bobby pins, earring posts, bails, clips and combs. Let the glue cure completely before wearing.
When making the hair combs, try overlapping the roses slightly, for a different look, rather than just gluing them in a straight line.
These pretty little roses make such fun accessories, and the polish gives them a fancy enameled shine.
Make mom, or yourself, a whole bouquet of beautiful accessories!