By Sewing Contributor Courteney from the blog Crafting with Court.
Since I love sewing so much, my love for sewing bleeds over into my scrapbooking. Sewing scrapbook paper can seem a little bit daunting at first, but is really simple. You can use this technique to make anything you use scrapbook paper for! I’m going to show you how to make this adorable scrapbook layout, but you can use the tips I provide for any project!
- Select one piece of scrapbook paper to be your background. I picked one that already had this heart design that looked like it was sewn on.
- Select another piece of scrapbook paper that compliments your background. Cut this piece into two 5” x 7” rectangles.
- Cut 12” of ribbon.
- Arrange your rectangles (which you will mount pictures on to later) and your ribbon on your background paper.
- Glue the center of your 5” x 7” rectangles in place. Be careful not to get your glue too close to the edge. You do not want your sewing machine sewing through glue!
- Using a 5/8” seam, sew your 5” x 7” rectangles on to your background paper. I recommend going slow and steady. You can use a variety of stitches, if you’re feeling adventurous.
Place your ribbon back in place and run a seam straight down the center of the ribbon. Yes, I change my mind about the location of my ribbon while doing this project!
- Glue your 4” x 6” pictures in place and enjoy!