By Sewing Contributor Courteney from the blog Crafting with Court.
Easter is just around the corner, and I think even dogs should look dapper for the occasion. I wanted to dress my dog up, without putting him in a full on Easter Bunny costume (although I did consider it.) The Shirt Collar Dog Collar is an easy way to make your dog look fancy without too much to do.
- Collared Shirt
- ¾ Dog Collar
- Pick a shirt that has a neck opening just slightly larger than you dog’s collar. I just brought the collar to the thrift store and made sure it would work.
- Cut the collar off the shirt. Get as close to where it is sewn in as possible without cutting into the stitching. This will minimize unraveling.
- Run a seam as close to the edge of the collar without going over as possible. Leave approximately 1” open on either end. Be careful of collar stays; they will destroy your needle!
- Thread your dog collar through the tube you just created. Make sure your dog collar is long enough to have both sides out before your start.
- Button the top button shut, clasp the buckle, and enjoy what a handsome gentleman your dog is.