By General Crafts Contributor Michelle
Bring a little leprechaun mischief into your home for St. Patrick’s day!
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own:
- A printed copy of the Leprechaun Laundry PDF pattern.
- Felt squares in light green, dark green, white, black and yellow.
- Jute twine.
- Woodsies Tiny Spring Clothespins.
- Acrylic craft paint in green, red and black.
- A small paintbrush.
- Small brass buttons.
- Small assorted buttons, such as Jesse James Dress It Up Embellishments Tiny Country Buttons.
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks.
- Straight pins or disappearing ink fabric marker. (Optional, for pinning the pattern pieces to the felt, or for tracing the pattern pieces onto the felt.)
The first step to this project is to cut all of the pattern pieces out of your felt. You may choose to cut the paper pieces out and transfer them to the felt by tracing around them with a disappearing fabric marker, or by pinning them to the fabric and then cutting them out. Some of the smaller pieces you may be able to just hold the paper against the felt, and carefully cut around them as you do so.
Once you have all of the pieces cut out, arrange them according to the above photo, and then use your hot glue to carefully stick the clothing items together. To finish your little clothing items, embellish them with buttons and paint, as in the photo above, or in whatever design you choose. Let them dry completely.
Cut a length of jute to fit whatever space you’ll be hanging your laundry line in, and then using your tiny clothespins, hang your enchanted laundry on the line.