By Sewing Contributor Courteney from the blog Crafting with Court.
I am not awesome at making wreaths. I am in awe of people who make ornate and beautiful wreaths from scratch. However, I wanted to make a simple and sweet Valentine’s wreath to put a little love on my door. The skill I do have is sewing! By only sewing some sweet hearts, you can have a quick and easy Valentine’s themed wreath!
- Cut 4 1” x 9” pieces of felt.
- Layer one piece on top of the other and sew together using a ¼” seam. This will create a thicker piece of felt.
- Cut 2 1” x 12” pieces of felt.
- Layer one piece on top of the other and sew together using a ¼” seam.
- Fold each of your strips of felt in half and bring the open edges together.
- Sew the edges together using a ½” seam.
- Flip the felt loops you made so that the seam you made is on the inside. This will be the top of your hearts.
- Fold your felt loop where you want to bottom of your hearts to be.
- Run a ¼” seam across this fold to create the bottom of your heart.
- Hot glue the hearts to your wreath as seen below.
- Cut approximately 13” of twine
- Hot glue the letters to spell “I <3 YOU” or any other Valentine’s message centered on the twine.
- Tie the twine to the wreath allowing the letters to hang in the middle.
- Hang the wreath by the method of your choice and enjoy!