By Sewing Contributor Courteney from the blog Crafting with Court.
Did you make the Bat Cape with me or do you just want a spooky mask? Masks are an essential part of many Halloween costumes. This Bat Mask will take your costume up a notch. You can also edit this mask to fit your needs.
- Print and cut out the following pattern. This is an adult size pattern. If you are making a mask for a child, shrink the image before printing.
- Using your chalk, trace the mask on the fleece/felt.
- Cut the mask out of the fleece/felt
- Cut your elastic. For an adult mask, cut approximately 14” of elastic. For a child, measure your child’s head to decide how much elastic you need.
- Pin your elastic to the location you want it on one side and the pin it in the same location on the other side. Gather all the extra elastic in the center so it does not get sewn later.
- Run a ¼” seam around the entire edge of your mask in black thread. It will sew your elastic down and will give the mask or more finished look. If you’re feeling adventurous you could use a different color thread to accent.
- Enjoy your spooky Bat Mask! Pair it with the Bat Cape (insert link to Bat Cap here) for an easy Halloween costume!