By General Crafts Contributor Monica from the blog Mon Makes Things.
A while back, a friend recruited me to help with her friend’s baby shower, and I made this fab photo display board. As a result, I was invited to the shower last minute. I don’t know the expectant mother all that well, but I figured some homemade baby booties are universal enough, am I right?
I skimmed through Pinterest, and eventually found this pattern as a free download on Ravelry. Gotta love free downloads! And aren’t they darling?!
I switched up the pattern a bit, particularly when it came to the colors. Here’s what I did:
- **These slippers were completed with the 0-3 months pattern.**
- I used my accent color (purple) for the first 3 rows, or the base of the booties. I switched to white at row 4 (at the back loops only row).
- I switched back to my accent color (purple) for row 7, and repeated row 7 a second time for more purple.
- For the strap, I slip stitched along the chain rather than using single crochet stitches.
- For the flower, I did a magic ring, [ch 3, sc in ring] 5 times (the pattern called for dc).
The ravelry download has alterations for larger sizes as well, and they’re so small that they work up really quickly! Happy bootie making! 🙂