Halloween Painted GhostSeptember 18, 2013 8:00 am Crafts, Halloween, Holidays, Mod Podge, Paper Crafts
By Guest Blogger Maria Mercedes
- Book pages (preferably old looking)
- Gel medium or decoupage
- Craft paint: orange, white and black
- Small brush
- Fine brush
- Reynolds Parchment paper or tracing paper
- Sealer (optional)
- Ghost Pattern
1. Rip the pages from your book. Glue the entire canvas with the pages using gel medium or decoupage.
3. Transfer ghost pattern unto parchment paper or tracing paper. Flip the tracing transfer (drawing side down) and scribble all over the backside with a pencil. (see photo)
4. We want to carbonized the back with pencil. Flip it back over, (carbonized side down) and tape it down to make sure it doesn’t and slip during the transfer. Now go over the entire image with your pencil.
5. Paint the ghost white and the pumpkin orange. Let it dry.
6. With the fine brush use black to outline ghost and finish details.
Seal with varnish if desired.