Paint Chip BuntingApril 23, 2013 12:02 pm Crafts, Green Crafting, Home Decor, Paper Crafts, Seasons
By General Crafts Contributor Monica from the blog Mon Makes Things.
I don’t know about you, ThinkCrafts readers, but I am totally on-board with the bunting/garland craze that’s happening in the DIY and decorating worlds right now. In the past few months I have made several garlands, and they just add such a lovely touch of whimsy to my space.
This project idea came to me very suddenly and broke me out of a creative dry-spell I had been in. Sometimes you just need a quick and fun DIY that costs practically nothing, and this is exactly that. I had all the supplies on hand, and chances are you will have a lot of them to if you craft pretty regularly. Well, you may need to go grab some paint chips. I love crafting with paint chips. Gotta love free supplies!
- Using your paper trimmer, cut 1/2″ off the top of the paint chip. This should almost cut off the Behr logo and remove the rounded corners at the top. (see dotted lines above)
- Measure 2.5″ from one side and mark the center point along the bottom edge of the paint chip.
- Using your paper trimmer, cut from each top corner to the center point you just marked to form the triangle. Your triangle should be 5″ wide and 5.5″ high.
- Now cut triangles from your cardstock. You want triangles that are 5.5″ wide and 6″ high. You can get three triangles out of an 8.5×11″ piece of cardstock. I have a template you can download here.
- Using your tape runner, mount your paint chip triangles to your cardstock triangles.
- Use your crop-a-dile to punch small holes into the top corners of your triangles and the ends of your mini popsicle sticks. If you don’t have a crop-a-dile, you can just punch holes in the triangles with a regular hole punch and drill holes in the popsicle sticks. But let me just say, my crop-a-dile is probably in my top three craft tools and I highly recommend owning one.
- Attach your triangles to your popsicle sticks with your brads, and tape up your new bunting!
This would be really cute for parties… How easy would it be to customize your colors?! And adding lettering would be adorable too. Happy crafting!