Crystal Tassel Trio NecklaceMarch 7, 2013 11:38 am Accessories, Crafts, Jewelry Making, Necklaces
By Crafts-a lot Contributor, Mable who is an avid reader of craft blogs & magazines and is always looking to improve her crafting skills. Join Mable on Facebook to socialize and share with other crafters!
Celebrity Craft Professional Mark Montano’s latest book the Big-Ass Book of Bling is full of enough projects to cover you in bling from head to toe! Learn how to make tassels and then turn them into a luxe necklace! Visit our friend Mark Montano’s website and Youtube Channel for even more crafty and DIY bling ideas!
I showed this to a friend of mine and basically she said, “I like everything but the tassels”. We’re not friends anymore. Perhaps if I had told her that this was called the Crystal Tassel Trio, she would have understood it was the point of the piece. A week later, I took off the tassels and thought that she had a point. You could really just stop before you put on the tassels and have another amazing necklace. Maybe I should give her a call?
- 2” diameter brooch
- 5 strands of 16” long gunmetal tone chain in various thicknesses
- 25 flat head jewelry pins in silver tone of gunmetal
- Create your chain base by attaching the 5 chains to a jump ring at each end and a lobster claw on one side for a closure.
- Working with 3 chains, create your crystal charms by placing a crystal on a flat head pin, cutting off the excess and creating a loop with your needle nose pliers. Hang on the chain with the jump rings in various places.
- Push a flat head pin through the center of each tassel up through the top, add a crystal bead, cut off the excess and bend a loop with the needle nose pliers.
- Spray paint the brooch with the black spray paint and let dry.
- Hang one tassel from the bottom center of the brooch with a jump ring and pin the brooch in the center of all 5 chains going through several loops to keep it together.
- Hang the other two tassels on evenly on both sides of the center brooch with jump rings.
Latest posts by Mable Craftsalot (see all)
- Colorful Crafts to Get You Through Dreary Winter Days - January 18, 2015
- Autumn Wreaths - November 1, 2014
- Pretty Wire Trees - October 28, 2014