Heart Card FavorFebruary 9, 2013 1:47 pm Crafts, Kid's Crafts, Paper Crafts, Valentine's Day
By Crafts for Learning Contributor, Danielle from the blog Crayonbox Learning.
- Colored Cardstock
- Pipe Cleaners
- Pencil/Pen (new)
- Crayons/glitter/stickers for embellishment
- Printable Card Template
Read the Directions after the Jump…
This project involves 2 parts; a pencil topper and a folding heart card.
- Print card template onto colorful cardstock.
- Cut out card, making sure that you don’t cut the top of the card where the fold is.
- Place the card flat on your work space with the flap on top. Make 2 small slits (for the pencil/pen) on the bottom portion of the card. The idea is that you want the card to open to show the pencil/pen.
- Use crayons, stickers, or glitter to decorate the front of the card. (Be sure to let any glue dry completely).
- Set card aside for part 2.
- Select a pipe cleaner to use for the pencil topper.
- As shown in the picture, slightly crimp/bend the pipe cleaner in the middle to form the top of a heart.
- Twist the pipe cleaner to complete the heart.
- Place the pencil at the base of the heart.
- Use the remaining pipe cleaner piece and wind around the end of the pencil.
After the pencil topper is finished, carefully slide the pencil/pen into the slits cut into the card. Now the card is ready for giving away. Perfect for Valentine’s treats!
© Danielle Westvang – Crayonbox Learning All rights reserved.