By Guest Blogger Kim Skinner from the blog Stamping Imperfection
With a youtube channel, online store, and classes and clubs, Kim’s blog Stamping Imperfection will give you countless paper crafting and scrapbooking ideas.
I have been playing with envelopes! Today, I discovered that I could make quite a nice little gift bag from a card envelope. You really could do this with any size envelope. In my experimenting, I learned one rule…all score lines must be the same distance from the edge of the envelope! That’s it. So simple!
How cute is this little handled bag? I will freely admit that there is an art to adding ephemera to your project and I have yet to master that art. I just attach one of everything and hope it all looks good when I’m done. I need to work on my technique. But alas, I love the rich regal colors of Fall. I would never profess to being the soft, subtle, romantic color kind of gal which I believe is required to master the art of adding ephemera!
Read the Full How-to After the Jump…
How to create a bag from an envelope:
- Seal the envelope shut.
- Cut the top edge off one of the sides of the envelope.
- Score and fold the top, bottom and remaining side 1/2″ from each edge.
4. Fold the sides of the “bag” along the score lines to form the sides. Do the same thing with the bottom. Crease the triangles that form on each bottom side.
5. Fold the triangles to the bottom and secure with adhesive. I used snail, but a glue stick or sticky strip would work well. This will form the bottom of the bag.
6. I added a handle (3/4″ x 8″) cut from Designer Series Paper. I attached it on each side of the bag by punching a 3/16″ hole into the envelope and the bag with my hole punch. I secured them with a brad and added some ribbon knotted on each side.
6. Now decorate the front of your bag! I used the More Amore Designer Series Paper(#129309), Real Red card stock cut with the Hearts-a-flutter framelits (#130159). I cut various sized hearts out of the same papers using my Hearts-a-flutter framelits and the Fashionable Hearts Embosslit (#125596). The stamp is the Happy Valentine Heart(#132771)that is one of the special deals this month. See the details below! You get 1 x8″ Cellophane bags for free if you order this single stamp image. I love this stamp because it fits perfectly in the full sized Heart Punch (#119883). I stamped it in Real Red on Very Vanilla card stock. Finally, the rest of the ephemera came from the Artisian Embellishment kit (#129328) in the Spring Mini.
I also used one half of a paper doily (#129399) which I sponged pink with Regal Rose. These take up the color beautifully when you sponge it! You can make them any color you want.
For a step-by-step video and more Paper Craft ideas, visit Kim’s blog Stamping Imperfection!