By Paper Crafts Contributor, Lauren Romano
What you need:
1. Start by applying the chalkboard paint in a horizontal layer across the front of the notebook. For right now, don’t worry if you’re able to see through the paint in some spots. Let it dry thoroughly on the vinyl placemat before moving onto the next step.
2. Apply the chalkboard paint in a vertical layer across the front of the notebook. This time focus on applying extra paint in spots that are slightly transparent.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 one to two more times until there’s a solid layer of paint on the front cover.
4. Repeat steps 1 – 3 for the back cover as well.
5. Use chalk to doodle to your heart’s content. Avoid pressing hard with the chalk otherwise you could scrape the paint off.
You can use a chalkboard eraser over the paint, but if you want to clean it, use only a slightly damp paper towel.