By Paper Crafts Contributor, Lauren Romano
The scent of cinnamon is wonderful, especially during the fall months. Creating a cinnamon candle is the perfect way to decorate with the spice and bring its warm scent and look to your home. It requires only a few materials, but at the end of the project, you’ll have a beautiful decorative piece that would look lovely in any room of your home.
What you’ll need:
- Cinnamon sticks
- Elastic band
- Pillar candle
- Choose a short pillar candle that has a scent that will blend well with the cinnamon. The candle I used is french vanilla.
- Break the cinnamon sticks into varying heights so they’re only slightly taller than the candle itself.
- Wrap an elastic band around the candle, then put the cinnamon sticks in between the band and the candle. The ends of the cinnamon sticks you broke off may be slightly jagged, so make sure that part is on top.
- Continue to put the cinnamon sticks under the rubber band until they wrap all the way around the candle. Don’t worry if parts of the candle show through the sticks. They’re uneven as is and the difference in colors only adds to the beauty.
- You don’t want the hideous rubber band showing, so use a ribbon to cover it up. Wrap it around a few times if you have to; it’ll still look beautiful. Tie the ribbon into a bow at the front of the candle holder.