Back to School Key RingAugust 26, 2012 10:06 am Back to School, Crafts, Kid's Crafts, Printables, Seasons
By Crafts for Learning Contributor, Danielle from the blog Crayonbox Learning.
As summer draws to an end, students will be heading back to school. The Bus Key ring is designed to put the important information for each student in one location in the event the student becomes lost, or forgets what bus they need to get on, or who their emergency contact is.
The Bus Key ring was designed with safety of young children in mind. Most children carry backpacks or some sort of bag to carry their books and papers back and forth. The Bus Key ring template does not put the child’s name on the outside of the key ring. The purpose of the name being placed on the inside of the key ring is so that persons coming up alongside the child will not be able to call their name. (The same principle applies to not putting the name of the child on the back of shirts/sweatshirts).
The 4 page template includes a yellow bus cover, blank bus covers with lines to write information on, and a blank bus template for you to add your own information.
- Binder Ring
- Lamination film
- Felt (permanent ink) Marker
- Hole punch
- Click to Download Bus Key Ring Template
- Print the bus templates onto cardstock.
- Use a permanent ink felt marker (non-bleed) to write the specific information for each child.
- Cut out the individual bus pieces.
- Laminate using a heat seal laminator. (Hint: cutting out the pieces before lamination provides a better seal around the individual pieces.)
- Use a hole punch to punch out the ring hole in each bus piece.
- Add binder ring and secure on student’s bag or backpack.