Summer Fun BucketJune 30, 2012 4:28 am Crafts, Green Crafting, Guest Bloggers, Kid's Crafts, Seasons, Summer
By Guest Blogger Sara, from the blog Clever Pink Pirate.
Summer is here, bring on the water play, vacations and fun! We always seem to want to do so much in the Summer but it goes so fast then, the kids are back in school. From the water park to making a trip to the beach, me and my kids sat down and made a bucket list for the Summer. It’s everything we want to accomplish before Summer ends! Not only does it keep us organized for our Summer plans but we also have a way to always look forward to doing something fun, helping with those Summer time blues. It’s also a great project the family can do together!
What You’ll Need:
- Craft sticks
- Styrofoam ball for the inside
- 1 sheet of tissue paper
- Washi Tape
- 2 pieces of cardstock
- Curling ribbon
- Cutting machine (such as Cricut or Silhouette)
- Vinyl sheet
- Take the craft sticks and on each one, write the fun things you would like to do this Summer with your family.
- Cut out the words, Summer Fun in vinyl on your cutting machine and adhere it to the front. If you do not have vinyl, try printing it then tracing it with an X-ACTO knife, covering it on the front with Mod Podge. Follow with a simple Washi Tape strip on the front.
- Cut out envelopes with cardstock, one to hold coupons for the Summer list and one to hold your done sticks (these could be used in a Summer scrapbook page if you wish). Punch two circles to make labels for the “Done” envelope and for the “Coupons” envelope and adhere them to the envelopes. Punch a small hole with a paper punch in the corner of the envelope so you can tie them onto the bucket.
- Wrap the Styrofoam ball in one layer of tissue paper and stuff down inside the bucket until it’s firmly put.
- Stick each craft stick inside the ball so all the words are facing the front.
- Attach the envelopes to each side of the bucket.