Felt or Fleece Heart GarlandFebruary 14, 2012 3:55 am Bunting & Garlands, Craft Trends, Crafts, Holidays & Seasons, Home Decor, Sewing, Spring, Valentine's Day, Winter
By Sewing Contributor Jessica, from the blog Life Sew Good.
I love celebrating Valentine’s Day with my daughters and their friends. This year I made a little heart garland using scrap fleece. I think I would work better with felt for stability, but it works!
- Felt (but fleece works)
- Heart pattern–I used a stamp I had on hand; a cookie cutter would work!
- Fabric Pen
- Sewing Machine
1. Trace heart pattern onto your felt & cut out numerous hearts! I cut 14.
2. Fold top of heart down about 1/3 its size and make 2 slits. Because of the proportion of the heart, I recommend cutting the slits fairly high—higher than pictured!–otherwise they will hang upside-down.
3. Thread the ribbon through the hearts. Pin them where you want them.
4. Sew a straight seam through the middle of the ribbon to hold the hearts and ribbon in place.
Hang & enjoy!