15 Flares 15 Flares ×
By General Crafts Contributor Melissa, from the blog MeloMomma.
The holidays may be over, but winter is not! Making it still totally OK and adorable to make snowman crafts.
What you will need:
- Jar (I used a Ragu Pizza Sauce Jar)
- Fabric for a scarf
- Googly eyes
- Tissue paper
- Construction paper
- Clear Gel tacky glue
- Paint brush
- Glass bowl
- Wash and dry the jar.
- Using the tissue paper, cut out several squares of tissue paper. Cut a variety of sizes.
- Put about a 1/4 cup of glue in a bowl. Add a tbsp water and mix well. The glue will be a little easier to work with now.
- Paint the entire outside of the jar.
- Cover with the tissue paper.
- Secure any lose edges by painting glue over it.
- Allow to dry.
- Using construction paper, make a cone shape.
- Glue on googly eyes.
- Glue on the cone nose.
- Take a walk outside and gathers some small pebbles.
- Wash and dry the pebbles.
- Glue the pebbles onto the jar to make the snowman’s mouth.
- Cover the lid in felt. Be sure to cut off all the excess felt so the lid will still fit.
- Add lace to the edge of the lid.
- Tie a piece of plaid fabric around the snowman’s body for a scarf. (I actually used a prop from another craft, but fabric looks just as awesome).
- You could place a flameless candle inside for a special glow!