Homemade Snow GlobesDecember 2, 2011 11:23 am Christmas, Crafts, Holidays, Home Decor, Seasons, Techniques and Mediums, Winter
By Crafts-a lot Contributor, Mable who is an avid reader of craft blogs & magazines and has aspirations to improve her crafting skills. Join Mable on Facebook to socialize and share with other crafters!
Taylor Swift tweeted earlier this week a photo of her homemade snow globes. The country cutie is also crafty! This Christmas favorite has been around forever, and can easily be made to have your very own customized snow globes.
To make your own snow globe, you’ll need:
- Acrylic Paints
- Hot Glues
- Mineral Oils
- Canning Jars, Baby Food Jars – any clear & clean Jars
- Silicone Sealant
- Christmas Figurine – Plastic, aluminum or baked polymer clay are ideal for wet environments.
1. Use a clean glass jar with a lid.
2. Choose a clean object to put inside the globe, or make your own.
3. Hot-glue the object to the inside of the lid.
4. Use glitter or something as snow and put it in the jar.
5. Fill the jar with mineral oil. Allow room for the object, which will displace some of the oil.
6. Squeeze a strip of silicone sealer around the threads of the lid.
7. Screw the lid on tight. You may want to paint it.