By Guest Blogger Melissa, from the blog Melomomma.
My son’s teacher assigned a family craft! We were to make an animal entirely out of leaves. It took a little thought from the four of us, but with a little guidance my son designed Rahh, the lion! Have fun and be creative!!!
What you will need:
- Gather several different shapes of leaves.
- Open a heavy book in the center and line the pages with newspaper.
- Place the leaves on top of the newspaper. Be careful that the leaves do not touch.
- Place newspaper on top of the leaves and close the book.
- Repeat until al the leaves have a safe spot in the books.
- Allow approx. 5 days to dry.
- Remove the leaves from the books and design your leaf animal or creature.
It may be helpful to draw an outline before placing the leaves on to the cardboard.
I also recommend designing the creature and laying the leaves in place prior to to actually gluing them on.