Acorn Cap CandlesOctober 18, 2011 4:55 am Crafts, Fall, Holidays, Home Decor, Seasons
By Kid’s Craft Contributor, Gillian from the blog Dried Figs and Wooden Spools.
Sweet and simple, these little candles are perfect for fall dinner parties or just a special evening at home. The length of burn time varies with the depth of the acorn cap, so keep an eye out for the big ones for a longer use time.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Bring the water up to a boil in the pot.
2. Break the wax into small chunks and place them in the can. Set the can carefully into the water and allow the wax to melt.
3. Spread the rice onto the plate and nestle the caps into the rice, this will hold them steady as the wax dries.
4. Dip the end of each wick into the wax and then quickly press into the bottom of an acorn cap.
5. Using the spoon, ladle a small amount of wax into each cap to fill. Allow the wax to set before trimming the wicks.