By Guest Bloggers Melissa + Kellie, from the blogIcing Designs.
We are really excited about “Fairy Week” all week on our blog! We have some really special DIY projects to share with you and a super sweet “Fairies Fairies Everywhere” party! Glittery fairy wings, perfect of course, for all of your little fairy party guests. These are super simple to make and look so adorable on.
- Hot glue gun/glue
- 1 sheet of 12″x12″ glittered scrapbook paper
- Felt piece cut to approximately 3 1/4″ long x 2 1/4″ wide
- Silk flower clip or any decoration you would like
1. Create the shape wing that you desire…draw and cut it out to create a pattern.
2. Fold paper in half…trace wing shape pattern onto paper and cut out. You will now have two wings.
3. With glittered side down, place wings about 1 1/2- 2 inches apart.
4. Glue felt piece in between wings to connect them together.
5. Using an X-acto knife, scissors or hole punch, place one slit just above the top edge of your felt piece and one slit just below the bottom edge of your felt piece.
6. Cut two pieces of ribbon about 24″ or long enough to tie into a bow over your little one’s shoulder .
7. Thread ribbon through the slits so ends come out on the non-glittered side of the paper.
8. Tie tulle into a bow and hot glue it onto the middle of your felt piece, glittered side up.
9. Clip or glue a flower or any other decoration you wish in the middle of your tulle bow and your wings are ready for your little fairy!