Initial RingJuly 25, 2011 6:07 am Craft Trends, Crafts, Jewelry Making, Techniques and Mediums
By Kid’s Craft Contributor, Gillian from the blog “Dried Figs and Wooden Spools”.
I usually only wear my wedding ring but it’s nice, at times, to have something pretty for my other fingers and this initial ring is just the thing.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 12 gauge wire
- Wire cutters and shapers
- Scrap paper and pen
- Pen or marker about as big around as your finger
1. On the scrap of paper, write the letter you want in cursive.
2. Cut a 5 inch piece of wire.
3. Using your wire shaper, bend the wire to follow the shape of the letter.
4. Center the letter on the pen and wrap the ends around so that they overlap by 1/2 inch. Trim off the excess and smooth the ends.
5. Crimp at the places where the wire crosses to accentuate the letter.
6. Slide on your finger to adjust the size.