Stamped Tile CoastersMay 17, 2011 5:05 am Crafts, Home Decor, Mod Podge, Paper Crafts
By Kid’s Craft Contributor, Gillian from the blog “Dried Figs and Wooden Spools”.
The warm weather always means a big upswing in the appearance of iced drinks around our house, and with them, an upswing in the need for coasters. This year I’ve ditched the plain jane ones I’ve had for a while and instead my tables are decked out with some custom stamped tile pretties.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Plain white tiles (4 1/2″ x 4 1/2″)
- Fabric Scissors
- Modge Podge
- Foam Paint Brush
- Clear Glaze Spray
- Dark colored paper
- Large Stamps
- Light ink
- Decorative edging scissors or punch
- Craft Glue
1. Cut squares of paper using the decorative edging scissors 1/2 inch smaller than the tiles.
2. Stamp your images in the center of the paper.
3. Apply a thin coat of Modge Podge to the surface of the tile and smooth the squares of paper in place. Allow the tiles to dry before proceeding.
4. Apply a thin coat of Modge Podge over the paper, work out any bubbles and apply a second coat when the first is dry.
5. Spray the top side of the tiles with two to three thin coats of glaze spray, allowing each layer to dry before applying the next.
6. Once all coats are dry, cut squares of felt that are just barley smaller than the tiles and glue them to the underside of the tiles to protect your tabletop.