Spring Hydrangea Spray CardMay 2, 2011 4:52 am Cardmaking, Guest Bloggers, Holidays, Paper Crafts
By Guest Blogger Diane, from the blog Charmingly Creative.
I recently purchased both of the Martha Stewart’s Hydrangea punches, which create crisp and clean flower shapes. You can trim the flower edges and create a different flower shape, glue them together or use them separately. You can combine them with other flower punches to create unique flower combinations.
Finished Size: 5″ X 8″
Completion Time: 25 minutes
What you’ll need:
- Darice Amber Rhinestones round, two
- Bazzill Cardstock 8.5″x 11 - Daisy color
- Bazzill Cardstock 8.5″x 11″ – White color (2 pieces)
- Bazzill Cardstock 8.5″x 11″ – Wisteria color
- Bazzill Cardstock 8.5″x 11″ – Dark Yellow color
- Bazzill Cardstock 8.5″x 11″ – Green color
- Zots Therm O Web clear adhesive dots large, medium & small
Tools & Supplies:
- Martha Stewart Punch – Medium Hydrangea
- Martha Stewart Punch – Medium Hydrangea 3 in 1
- Martha Stewart Sticker – Fern Leaf
- Martha Stewart Punch – Medium Classic Butterfly
- Martha Stewart Punch – Punch around the page
- Art Institute Glitter – .5 oz Ultrafine Transparent Angel Dust
- Fiskars Hand Punch – 1/8″ Circle
- Fiskars Hand Punch – 1/4″ Circle
- Martha Stewart Bone folder
- Martha Stewart Paper Trimmer
- Trim one piece of white cardstock with paper cutter to 8″x10″.
- Use bone folder to score the cardstock in the middle at the 5″ line and to crease the edge of cardstock to form the card.
- Using paper trimmer, trim Daisy cardstock to 5″x8″.
- Trim second piece of white cardstock to 5″ X 5″. Punch all corners with a corner punch. Use edge punch to connect the pattern from corner to corner using the guides printed on the tool’s wings.
Punch out the following:
- Two dark yellow Butterflies use a little glue and glitter on them
- Three green Fern Leafs
- Seven wisteria medium single Hydrangeas
- 25 wisteria Hydrangeas 3 in 1. Depends on size of flower spray you are making.
- 23 dark yellow 1/8″ circles
- 5 dark yellow ¼” circles
- Attach Daisy cardstock to front of card and then attach white topiary shape in the center.
- Glue Amber Rhinestones on opposite corners.
- Glue the three tiny hydrangea blossoms onto each other starting with the biggest one on the bottom. Then glue the 1/8″ dark yellow dot in the center and add a drop of glue and sprinkle glitter on dot.
- Glue 5 dark yellow ¼” circles onto larger single Hydrangea pieces.
- Take the remaining two large single Hydrangea flowers and 3 in 1 pieces and glue together and add a drop of glue in the center of flower and glitter for the corner pieces, attach to corners of card.
- I started at one corner of Topiary design and attached the three green Fern leafs. Use the 5 larger flowers to form a base, placing two side by side at the bottom and the remaining three lined up towards the top. (You won’t see three of them on completed flower) Make sure the flower base is wider than the top of flower. I then overlapped the smaller flowers tapering the pieces towards the top of flower.
- Attach butterflies.