By DCWV Diary
I think it would be so fun to make these with bright, spring paper and put them on your walls or front door! So different and would totally set the springy mood in your home!
- The Black Currant Stack
- Poinsettia template
- Foam brush
- Black lace ribbon
- Glue gun
- Trace and cut template shape from Black Currant Stack. Each poinsettia requires one circle base shape and 15 petal shapes.
- Wet a foam brush with water and wet the back of petal.
- Wait about 30 seconds for water to soak into petal. Pinch petal center vertically to create a vein.
- Pinch smaller horizontal creases to create additional veins.
- Curl and pinch edges of petal by rolling around pencil.
- Repeat to create additional petals.
- Adhere petals around circle base.
- Adhere lace, tulle, beads, and rhinestones to the centers of poinsettias.