Doodlebug Cute Die Cut CardsFebruary 28, 2011 4:36 am Cardmaking, Crafts, Holidays, Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking
By Scrapbook & Paper Crafts Contributor Jennifer, from the blog “So Many Products, So Little Time”.
I love that Doodlebug creates a sheet of die cuts to match each of their collections. Because I am both a cardmaker and scrapbooker, I can use the die cuts for any project. Die cuts are also flat, so that is especially nice if you are planning to mail your card. I have two cards to show you using the Doodlebug Welcome Home Die Cuts.
To create the New House Card:
- Adhere a piece of the Doodlebug patterned paper to a white card base.
- Adhere Doodlebug Welcome Home die cut to right edge of card.
- Using mini alphabet stickers create sentiment. My tip is to start the sentiment backwards – starting on the right side and spell in reverse. I have learned my lesson the hard way in the past…I often run out of space if I go from left to right. You can also use a ruler and adere them to the edge so that you know you have enough space before sticking them down.
- Adhere jewel to center of the sun with a Glue Dot.
To creat the Hello Card:
- Adhere a piece of the Bazzill White Embossed Cardstock to a white card base. You can also use plain white cardstock and emboss using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder.
- Adhere Doodlebug Welcome Home die cut to center of card.
- Use American Crafts Thickers to spell sentiment.