Coffee CoastersFebruary 22, 2011 4:48 am Crafts, Green Crafting, Home Decor, Seasons, Techniques and Mediums
By Sewing Contributor Jessica, from the blog “Life Sew Good”.
I love coffee. The smell of coffee . . . intoxicating! Hence, the need for aromatic coffee coasters.
These are made from recycled coffee bags, scrap fabric, batting, and whole coffee beans.
1. For 4 coasters, cut 4 squares each of your top fabric (mine is the recycled coffee bag), bottom fabric (I chose corduroy), and batting.
2. Layer the fabric: RIGHT sides of bottom and top fabric together and place batting on top.
3. Sew 1″ around, leaving about 2″ opening for turning.
4. Trim edges.
5. Turn right sides out and fill middle with about 1/8-1/4 cup whole coffee beans. You don’t want to overfill; just put enough in that you can get a nice even layer.
6. Tuck in filling hole and top stitch 5/8″ all the way around.
Brew yourself a cup of joe and set it on one of your aromatic coasters and enhance the intoxicating coffee aroma!