Sheet Music Heart GarlandFebruary 13, 2011 6:08 am Crafts, Holidays, Valentine's Day
By Kid’s Craft Contributor, Gillian from the blog “Dried Figs and Wooden Spools”.
This is a fun, sweet craft for Valentines and beyond. Photocopy old sheet music or download familiar tunes online and print them out for this project. These garlands can be made as long as you want and would make a fun February decoration for a music room or around your child’s music practice area!
Here’s what you need:
1. Stack your paper in piles of two and three and fold in half vertically.
2. Cut hearts out of the middle of the paper, trying to keep to the area where the lines of music are printed.
3. Place each set of hearts in individual piles so that you have several piles of two and three hearts.
4. Starting at the top of one pile of hearts, stitch down the very center of the pile. Allow the machine to take a few stitches after the end of the heart before inserting the next pile.
5. Continue to stitch the piles until you have used up all the piles and have created the length of garland you are looking for.
6. Crease the sides of the hearts out to create a 3D shape and hang.