Be MineFebruary 9, 2011 4:08 am Cardmaking, Crafts, Holidays, Paper Crafts, Valentine's Day
By Scrapbook & Paper Crafts Contributor Jennifer, from the blog “So Many Products, So Little Time”.
I love to use glitter to add sparkle to my projects. It comes in a variety of colors and sizes, is fairly inexpensive and it seems to last forever. The one downside is that my face is usually pretty sparkly for a day or two after I use it! Wet wipes for cleanup of your face and hands work pretty well.
My favorite way to apply glitter to a project is with a glue pen. I always have a few Sakura Quickie Glue Pens on hand. I love to outline or fill in sections of patterned paper using my glue pen, add a little glitter and it gives your project a whole new look.
To create this card:
- Create card using pink patterned paper.
- Cut a smaller piece of pink patterned paper, use the border punch on the top and bottom and adhere paper to card.
- Cut rectangle of black glitter paper the same width as the smaller pink paper and adhere. If you do not have glittered cardstock you can add some shimmer by using a spray adhesive or Mod Podge and then sprinkle with glitter.
- Cut Be Mine rectangle from patterned paper and adhere to black cardstock.
- Using your glue pen, color in the wings and sprinkle with chunky glitter. Since chunky glitter is a lot bigger than fine glitter, it works better when you have a larger space such as the wings to color in with glue and glitter. If you are outlining a pattern and not filling in, then use a fine glitter.
- Adhere pearls to card.