Lace CardstockFebruary 3, 2011 1:05 pm Cardmaking, Crafts, Paper Crafts, Valentine's Day
By Scrapbook & Paper Crafts Contributor Jennifer, from the blog “So Many Products, So Little Time”.
I love to use lace cardstock because you can use a little, or a lot. You can use an entire piece as a background for your layout or cut a small piece and use on a card or gift bag. There are a variety of companies that make pretty lace cardstock including Martha Stewart and K & Company. Another way I like to cheat when making cards is to use Bo Bunny paper. In each collection they usually have a piece of paper that has 4 different 6×6 squares…a great card size.
To make this card:
- Using one of the 6×6 squares from the Bo Bunny paper, adhere to front of 6×6 card base. If you cut a piece of 12×12 cardstock in half this works perfectly. You can then use a Scoring Board to make a perfect crease on the card.
- The larger white flower is part of the patterned paper. Add a blue die cut flower shape to the center.
- Cut two birds from the lace cardstock and adhere to flower die cut.
- Add a 3 dimensional Valentine heart sticker to center of the birds.
- Apply rub-ons to spell sentiment.
- Adhere pearls near sentiment.