Felt Candy Christmas CardsDecember 16, 2010 7:20 am Cardmaking, Christmas, Crafts, Holidays, Kid's Crafts
By Kid’s Craft Contributor, Gillian from the blog “Dried Figs and Wooden Spools”.
I like out of the ordinary cards. Invitations that are really Hot Wheels Cars, Valentines Cards that are more candy than paper. I’ve even been plotting to send out frisbee’s for a summer party (did you know you can stamp a frisbee and mail it? You can!) So these little Christmas Cards are right up my alley. Cute, unusual and simple enough that your kids could help make them, there’s nothing not to love. Just don’t try to eat them by mistake
Here’s what you need:
1. Cut the paper into 1/2 inch wide by 2 inch strips and stamp or write your message on them.
2. Cut the felt into 3/4 inch strips along the shorter side of the sheet.
3. Stack a white strip on top of a red one and pull it down slightly so that there is some overhang of the white.
4. Roll the white tightly for a few rolls then add in the red. This give a truer candy like look and helps make sure the red will overhang the white at the end.
5. When you are about 2 1/2 inches from the end, insert the paper strip and keep rolling.
6. Wrap with cellophane, twisting the ends and then tying them with ribbon or yarn.