Photo OrnamentNovember 10, 2010 9:18 am Christmas, Crafts, Holidays, Home Decor, Kid's Crafts, Techniques and Mediums
By Kid’s Craft Contributor, Gillian from the blog “Dried Figs and Wooden Spools”.
It’s getting to be that time of year, when you start looking around and wondering “What am I going to get the grandparents this year?” I know my kid’s grandparents are impossible to shop for. They have or buy whatever they want at this point in life, so what else can you give them? For the past few years I’ve given up on anything purchased and have gone the kid made or kid themed route. And this year will be no different. To start things off, I’m putting together these photo ornaments to tie onto packages and for them to add to their already vast ornament collection: because I know that no matter how many babbles they have on their tree, there’s always room for something featuring their grandchildren!
Here’s what you need
1. Decide which pictures fit into which cookie cutters by gently placing the cutters in various positions over the photographs. Be careful not to scratch the pictures!
2. Once you’ve decided what goes where, trace around the outside of the cookie cutter.
3. Spread a thin layer of glue onto the cardboard and smooth the photos onto it, working out any bubbles.
4. Using your craft knife, cut just inside your line through the photo and cardboard. The goal is to have it fit inside the cookie cutter but only barely.
5. Cut an 8-inch piece of ribbon and loop through the top of the ornament, tying into a loop and bow for hanging.
6. Run a bead of glue around the edge of the cardboard and work it into the cookie cutter, wiping any excess glue immediately. Allow the glue to dry completely.