Stenciled Tea TowelsOctober 2, 2010 5:11 am Crafts, Home Decor
By Kid’s Craft Contributor, Gillian from the blog “Dried Figs and Wooden Spools”.
Someday I will have the time and patience to embroider some cute flour sacking tea towels for my kitchen. I love the way they look and that you can vary them for the season, but alas, bad eyes and impatience has kept me away from most embroidery projects. That doesn’t mean, however, that I can’t have some fun tea towels this fall. A little freezer paper and paint and voila, cute, acorn towels to hang off my stove or drape over rising bread for those chilly fall evenings.
Here’s what you need!
1. Cut a piece of freezer paper to 8 1/2″ x 11″ and print the template directly onto the paper (plastic side down).
2. Cut out the stencil carefully with your craft knife.
3. Iron on the stencil, centered near the bottom of your tea towel.
4. Sponge on yoru fabric paint, making sure you get paint all the way to the edges. Allow the paint to dry.
5. Peel off the stencil and heat set the paint with your iron.