Altering a Juice Can and NotebookAugust 31, 2010 6:49 am Crafts, Green Crafting, Guest Bloggers, Kid's Crafts, Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking
By Scrapbook & Paper Crafts Contributor Jennifer, from the blog “So Many Products, So Little Time”.
I love to go green whenever possible, so I try to find ways to reuse objects around the house. One of my favorite items to reuse is an empty plastic juice container. I use the Welch’s brand – they are very sturdy and you can even run them through the dishwasher before decorating. In the past I have decorated quite a few for my scrap room to hold supplies. My son recently got a new desk for his room so I decorated this can to hold his pencils. He also loves to write notes to his friends, so I created a matching mini notebook.
To cover the juice can:
* Cut a strip of paper to cover the entire side of the can and adhere. You will need to use use a strong tape such as Therm O Web Zips Craft Adhesive Lines.
* Cut a small strip of paper and adhere to the top edge of the can using the same adhesive.
To cover the notebook.
* Cut a piece of paper to cover the notebook and adhere using a strong adhesive
* Apply rub-ons (see picture) to the notebook.
* Affix 3 Dimensional sticker to center of the notebook.
* Adhere piece of ribbon to edge of the notebook. You can also tie a bow if desired.