Craft Blooper WinnerAugust 4, 2010 2:19 am Contests
We received some hilarious craft blooper stories! Congratulations to Lucy S. who was randomly selected as the winner and a $100 CreateForLess shopping spree!
Read Lucy’s craft bloopers story…
“When my daughter was very young, just walking really, she came up to me whining and shaking her hand. I look and almost had a stroke when I saw she had somehow found and opened some crazy glue! Without thinking I went to grab it and you know it…I was stuck to the glue which was stuck to her. I had to think for a second “ok, now what do I do?” LOL I decided nail polish remover was my best bet and managed to get it open and poor a little on and work to get us unstuck. It was a 3 stooge’s moment, but I was so grateful she didn’t get it in her eyes. I thought the house was thoroughly baby-proofed, but I was wrong! I’m grateful for the happy outcome.”
Have some more laughs and read about other craft projects gone array!
My biggest craft blooper was when I first started making my own cards. I made what I thought was a beautiful card for my mother for mother’s day. No fancy embellishment, but paper and stamping. Happy with my finished product, I showed it to my husband and went to bed.
When I woke up, my card was GONE! What??? Gone?! I looked everywhere, but it was gone!! So I began working on another one, a little (ok, ALOT) mad that it was gone. I tried to recreate it from memory, but it was nothing like the one so lovingly created the day before. With Mothers Day just 2 days away, this was it. It had to go in the mail today. I opened the card, and wrote a little note to mom, and enclosed her gift card for dinner out for she and dad, signed our names, and turned over the card to sign my great masterpiece…. and guess what, I HAD CREATED THE NEW CARD ON THE BACK OF THE CARD CREATED THE DAY BEFORE! I didn’t know whether to laugh, cry, or just put all my craft supplies away. I mailed the card anyway, and mom has it up in her craft room. We laugh at the story, and it always seems to come up when we are with friends. I guess that year she was worth 2 cards! -
Christine K. from Ionsdale, MN.
Back in the 80′s I was cutting out some appliqué pieces for a wall hanging I was making. I was watching TV as I worked and not paying as close attention as usual. When I was done I stood up and found a piece of fabric that wasn’t part of my project and realized I had cut the bottom of my big shirt off!
Wendy F. from Brandon, VT.
I like to wear dresses. They’re cool in the summer and the skirt provides a handy holding pocket for beads while I’m stringing them. A month ago, we acquired a 10-week-old kitten. I think you can see where this is going.
I was peacefully beading away, unconsciously making my skirt jiggle enticingly. Suddenly and with a lot more force than I thought possible, there was an extremely active kitten in my lap under my skirt! Beads went everywhere. I was combing them out of my hair, and I must have gasped because I even blew a few out of my nose! The kitty, of course, thought having beads everywhere was marvelous. When we took him to the vet the next week they were a bit curious about the strange parasites in his stool sample. My beading room is now off-limits.
Kathleen D. from Waltham, MA.
It was a hot summer day and I had gotten out all my punch art punches and punched lots of flower parts to make stacked flowers for my homemade greeting cards…I had everything in stacks ready to assembly my flowers, when someone turned on the large fan that was, of course facing me, I had flower parts everywhere…on me, in my hair, on the chair and the floor and as you probably can guess it took a long time to gather all those petals, leaves, and stamen and get them all reassembled.
Sherry H. from Salem, MO.
Twenty years ago I wanted a doll house, but the ones in the stores were pretty expensive so I decided to make my own and decided to make a log cabin. I went to the local hardware store and purchased 1 inch wooden dowels, and since the project was so large I used the dining room table to create my masterpiece. I spent the next 6 months happily sawing, furnishing and putting electricity in a 3-foot long 2-story log cabin. It was beautiful when I finished, but when I went to move it to a better location I found out how heavy it was. I finally enlisted 2 muscular friends, Dave and Jim, to move it, but when they picked it up it sagged in the middle and broke. Some of the “logs” landed on Dave’s foot and broke it. Jim jumped back and hit my china cabinet, breaking the glass with his elbow along with several of the dishes I had displayed in the cabinet. I had to take them both to the emergency room for a cast and stitches. What a catastrophe!
Jeanne A. from Elgin, IL.