Sparkle’s Tie Dye Take Out BoxFebruary 16, 2010 10:26 am Crafts
By Guest Blogger, Sparkle E. Glitter from the blog “Sparkle Studio”.
I am in love with the Retro 70’s trend that is flooding the market right now. Since I was not there the first time around, I am embracing all things 70’s. I love the bellbottoms, the love beads, the mini skirts, the platform shoes, and I especially love tie dye.
So, I combined my tie dye love with my glitter love and here is the result. Sparkle’s Tie Dye Take Out Box. You can make one of these take out boxes in a few minutes, but remember to give your box plenty of drying time. I used Sparkle 21 because it sticks to the plastic surface really well, and it comes in amazing colors.
Here is what you need:
Sparkle 21: Lavender Sparkle, Blue Suede Sparkle, Limeade Sparkle
1. Make a thick line spiral of Lavender Sparkle on one side of the box.
2. Add a thick line of Blue Suede Sparkle next to, but not touching the Lavender spiral.
3. Add a thick line of Limeade Sparkle next to the Blue Suede Sparkle.
4. Use the toothpick to scribble between the colors. Draw some Lavender into the Blue Suede. Draw some Blue Suede into the Lavender. Blend all the lines together.
5. Repeat on the other three sides if you want to cover the box. Let dry.
You can use this same technique for faux tie dye on fabric as well. Sparkle 21 is washable! It comes in many groovy colors, pick three you love to personalize your tie dye take out box.