Falling Leaves BraceletNovember 10, 2009 8:58 am Crafts, Guest Bloggers, Holidays, Jewelry Making, Seasons
By Guest Blogger, Sparkle E. Glitter from the blog “Sparkle Studio”.
You might not think of glitter glue as a component of adult jewelry. I think I might change your mind with this beautiful falling leaves bracelet made with Big & Glitzy glitter glue. Big & Glitzy is the most amazing, sparkliest glitter glue available. It’s the big gun of glitter glue!
Just look at this leaf charm, the look is almost crystally….because Big & Glitzy is so chunky.
I made this bracelet in less than an hour, not including drying time. You can make this fast and easy bracelet too.
- 5 gold leaf charms (They are 1 1/4″ tall, but there were a lot of different leaf charms I could have used, I used these)
- Big & Glitzy Glitter Glue: Peridot, Nugget, Ruby, Coral
- gold chain link bracelet
- 5 gold jump rings
- 20-21 assorted size and shape crystal beads in fall colors
- gold craft wire
- round nose pliers
- chain nose pliers
- wire cutters
1. Lay your charms on covered work surface. Cover the front of each charm with Big & Glitzy. Pile it on! Refer to Mother Nature’s work for ideas on how to color them in. Let charms dry.
2. Using two pair of pliers, hook the charms evenly across the bracelet with jump rings. Open the jump ring by twisting it open. String a charm on it, place it through the bracelet link, and twist it closed.
3. Wire wrap beads randomly to fill in the bracelet. If you have never done wire wrapping, google: wire wrapping a loop. There are many good tutorials available. You can also find instructions for wrapping a loop in the back of any jewelry magazine.
4. Humbly accept accolades from friends and family when wearing.
The completed bracelet. You could add more charms or beads if you like. This would also make a very pretty necklace. The great thing about using glitter glue for jewelry is that the glitter does not shed. And with Big & Glitzy, it is just as sparkly as loose glitter.
As they say in Texas, Happy Fall Ya’ll!